HomeDaphnenicole.comLyndacade.comPhoto Gallery

Monday, February 7, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award!

Thanks so much Paulahttp://tatteredgold.blogspot.com/ for thinking of me for this award. I feel very honored! Those of us that were on Paula's list, we are suppose to share 8 things about ourself that our friends don't know about us. Then pass the award to 8 other Stylish Bloggers!
Well here goes!!!


#1 I'm very shy until I get to know you, then I will talk your head off! When I started kindergarden they literally had to pull me off of my mom, she was going to take me back home with her, but the teacher told her she would be making a big mistake, so I had to stay! Well I had the teacher in tears, I didn't talk to her or anyone the entire year, until after Christmas, and I told my teacher what I got for Christmas and was so proud of myself that I actually talked to her! I forgot to add that I followed my teacher everywhere she went, even when she went to the restroom I would go with her and stand outside the door waiting for her, I know pretty pitiful.

#2 Took piano lessons as a child and didn't want to practice so my Mom made me quit.... but I so wish I would have stuck with it, I would love to know how to play the piano, and still think I might take lessons again one day... It's never to late to learn!

#3 I'm afraid to fly, but was corned by my husband and some of our friends the other night when we all went out to eat... they want me to go on a trip that requires that we fly, and I finally gave in to all their pitiful looks and agreed to fly ( WHAT WAS I THINKING)

#4 I love to watch old shows, such as I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, Leave it to Beaver, Bewitched, and just all of the funny sitcoms that were showing during that time period, you know the ones! My all time favorite is I LOVE LUCY! I watch it almost every night when I go to bed... usually fall asleep to it. I have them all recorded! "My poor husband, he refuses to watch it anymore"... I watch them over and over and still laugh like it was the first time I ever seen the show! I love these older shows because their clean and wholesome, and just so funny to watch!

#5 I love the water, swimming and boating, but haven't done either in several years!

#6 One of my favorite things to do is to go on home tours... I just love looking at beautifully decorated homes. I often thought that I would love to be a decorator, but I love what I'm doing now too, and ya just can't do it all.

#7 This one is a little embarrassing.... I'm in my 40's and afraid to stay home at night by myself. My husband doesn't hardly ever have to travel due to business, but when he has had to, I get my Mom to come and babysit, I mean spend the night with me! From the first time my Mom told me as a little girl not to talk to strangers, and not to ever go off with strangers, I stuck to her like glue I wouldn't let her out of my site, I guess in my mind I had no ideal that their was actually some bad people in this world.... which horrified me! I guess it has stuck with me even to this day, since she still has to stay with me if I'm by myself at night!

#8 Last thing this is kinda embarrassing too I have OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder! I spend an extra 15 min. leaving the house when I'm going somewhere due to having to go back and check everything to make sure it's all turned off... and lots of the time when I get to the end of my driveway I have to go back and make sure that the Garage door shut, when I know that it did, I just have to recheck it! I pretty much obsessive with a lot of the things I do, weather it be shopping, making purses, or whatever, I would rather say that I'm very passionate about what I do, it sounds better than OCD, but I do go overboard with things, but it's something that I'm working on and trying to do better!

This was the really hard part, to only be able to pass this award on to only 8 friends, because I think that you are all so wonderful, I want to give it to all of you! Be sure to go over and visit with each of them, I know you wont be disappointed! I will have to go to town to our business and link them up, I still can't do it from my computer at home, but hope to have it linked shortly!

#1 Jule Marie http://idyllhours.blogspot.com/
# 2 Julie @ http://avintagechic.blogspot.com/
#3 Pamela http://frenchbuttons59.blogspot.com/
#4 Sissie @ http://sissieshabbycottage.blogspot.com/
#5 Debra @ http://talkingwhitetrash.blogspot.com/
#6 Rebecca @ http://rebeccaforvintageliving.blogspot.com/
#7 Vicki @ http://rustyroostervintage.blogspot.com/
#8 Rhonda @http://www.bluecreekhome.com/

Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed week!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee Daphne It sounds to me like you are normal! It is the rest of the world that isn't! I received that award and I guess it is going around, and when it came around the second time I told the gal so she could pass it to a newbie blogger. The thought is nice but only once is great! Hugs to you and have a great week! Marilou

Pamela said...

Oh Daphne!!! I popped over to congratulate you and I see you have passed it on to me!! You are so sweet. I am deeply touched. Thank you!!
I also one my very first giveaway on the weekend!!!
I have to say we alot in common! I too am shy...in kindergarten I sat in the corner chair and refused to participate. I love old shows too and my favourite thing ever is to go on house tours!!!!
I did receive this award from my cousin Karen at Ow my angst a couple weeks ago.
Thank you again
Pamela xo

Anonymous said...

Daphne, we have a few things in common! We are much the same in numbers 1 and 8. :))) In my younger school days, my shyness used to be taken for something other than what it truly was. I too befriended most all of my teachers. I truly was a wall flower.

I share your OCD tendencies ... for I too make the rounds before leaving our home. It takes forever before I feel "comfortable" about leaving our home and furry-footed ones behind. Also, I am very ritualistic in my house-chores. To deviate from my routine is most upsetting ;O I am so delighted to know, I am not alone in my quirks! :))

Wishing you a most blessed and blissful day, my friend!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Daphne,
So sweet of you to pass along this award to me. I'm so humbled by your thoughtfulness but I can think of so many other bloggers that are more deserving. Heck, I'm like you I want to give all our blogger friends an award.

I can relate to the shyness and the OCD tendencies. I will leave the house and return to make sure I've unplugged the glue gun, or turned off the washer....the list goes on and on! LOL.

Thank you sweet friend for the kind award.

hugs
Sissie

Julie Marie said...

Hello Daphne... so enjoyed reading your list!... many of them would fit me to a tee too!... Thank you so much for thinking of me with an award... I actually made my blog award free last year as I simply could never choose who to pass them on to, there are so many beautiful blogs, like yours!... So I will say Merci my friend!... thank you so much for honoring me!... xoxo Julie Marie

Rebecca said...

Congradulations-Much, Much deserving of the award! I did receive the wonderful items-love the clock and thank you so much for the teacup! I did a post today with the award-you may want to check it out! Thanks again-I so love them!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

It's so nice to know that their are others of you that have some of the same issues that I have, especially about being shy and the OCD. Makes me feel more normal! Thanks for sharing you sweet comments with me!
hugs to all~~~ Daphne

Vicki said...

Hi, Daphne! I really, really enjoyed learning more about you. So glad we have things in common. I'm also in my 40's, will stop at any model home, open house and hit every home tour that I can!, love the water (grew up on the Chesapeake Bay) and...in the past few years I am feeling a bit OCD at times. I have too many thoughts in my head these days - kids, work, creating. So, atleast once a week I start to leave community and have to go back and make sure I turned off the flat iron or closed the garage door. I just don't trust myself. I've left the slider open and left the house, left garage door up and once locked my keys in my car a few years back 3x in a week. Triple AAA refused to come out the 3rd time. I'd hit my quota for the year! lol Thank you so much for my award. I do have to agree with Julie Marie. I'm such a chicken and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so made my blog award free from the start. I am so thankful though and honored to be on that list! You are truly one of my favorite blog friends. Have a wonderful week!

Rebecca said...

Hi Daphne
Congratulations on this award, it is so nice to get to know you a little better.
Thank you so much for thinking of me, I am touched and can think of so many other bloggers that should receive this award also.
Blessings
Rebecca

Bohemian said...

Daphne it was nice to get to know all the dirt on ya *winks*... I enjoy getting to know each Blogland Friend better through these sharings... some on your list would be on mine too, especially the fear of flying and OCD! *LOL* Congrats on the Award, you certainly deserve it.

Dawn... The Bohemian

Rhonda said...

Daphne,
I know some of these things are not funny to you, but I giggled my way through some of them - like follower your teacher to the bathroom.
I think that is just the cutest, most precious thing ever!!!
Amazingly, I am not scared staying alone...until I hear a noise!!! And, it always happens when Al is out of town.
I appreciate you thinking of me for this award.
We were out of town all day and I just read this, so I will try to get my post up later this week.
Rhonda

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Enjoyed reading these facts about you and getting to know you better! You sound so much like my mom, and some like me too. You made me laugh about kindergarten and now at 40. We just don't change much as people do we? Cute post!

trash talk said...

Daphne,
You're the sweetest O/C person I know! Psst...I'm actually shy also. I hide it behind a joke.
Thank you for this...I'll get a post up soon.
XOXO
Debbie

missshawna said...

Daphne,
Congratulations on this award! Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself with all of us. It's nice to get to know you better. I think we all have insecurities of some sort. If we didn't then we would not be human.
Hugs~
ShawNa

Hearts Turned said...

Sorry I'm so slow in saying thank-you, Daphne! So kind of you to think of me...I'm honored! Loved learning more about you...and you know what? We ALL have quirky stuff about us--you're just brave enough to share it & we love you for it!

Hope your day is as lovely as you are, my friend!

Julie