HomeDaphnenicole.comLyndacade.comPhoto Gallery

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

White Wednesday & Vintage Inspiration Friday!

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post! I had to get busy decorating for Christmas, then of all times to get sick, I've been in the bed sick for the past several days, still not feeling wonderful but a least I'm able to get up... so I'm really late for my White Wednesday post.... I have a few things decorated, but still have a lot to do, and where suppose to have one of our Christmas's at our house this Sunday... I'm really getting nervous because their is still so much to do... but for now I will show you a little bit of what I've gotten done!






This is a vintage tree that I bought from a Antique home sale from Judy Hill several years ago! I had never seen one like it. It just swirls around and around, I'll show more of it when I get everything finished.
I was going to go for a simple center piece for the table this year, and just use some vintage decorated bottles setting on top of this footed mirror, until I got a brain storm and took my wreath off my door.... it fit perfect around the mirror and bottles, and I just love it!
I bought this gorgeous wreath last year from Lizz and Franns booth at Winnie & Tululas's Christmas party! I've said it before they are 2 of the sweeties ladies I've ever had the honor of meeting... and soooooo talented! So now I can get the wreath out and put on the door that I bought from our Christmas party this year... and guess who I bought it from, none other than Lizz & Frann!





Be sure to go over and visit Kathleen @ Faded Charm & Debra @ Common Ground,http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/ and all the other participants.... and if you haven't entered our giveaway you still have time... I can't put a link to it, but it's the next post down, so sorry for the inconvenience!

26 comments:

Unknown said...

...ooohhh purrrrrtty!!
I love the glittered feathers, I have a few of those too! They aren't silver and they aren't gold ~ I just say that they were dipped in champagne sparkles!!!
xo, Rosemary

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Ooh, sparkly angel wings and that unusual twisty Christmas tree...so pretty.

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, hope you get better soon.

hugs
Sissie

Honey at 2805 said...

Love your wreath with all of it's vintage elements! Feel Better Soon.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Daphne ~
Soooo very pretty! Thank you for showing
us!
I am sorry you haven't felt well!

xoxo
Lori

Pamela said...

Tis the season to be stressed Daphne!!!

I hope you are 100% better...be well for Christmas!
Lovely post as usual!!
Thank you for your wonderful comment on my Christmas tree!!
Pamela xo

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So Pretty!
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Julie Marie said...

Hello Daphne... everything is just beautiful!... I especially love the pretty tray with the vintage bottles, gorgeous!... do hope you are feeling much better, it's no fun being sick, especially at Christmas time... xoxo Julie Marie

Hearts Turned said...

It all looks so beautiful, Daphne! I love your gorgeous decorating style!

Hope you're having a wonderful day...

Julie

Blessed Serendipity said...

It all looks so dreamy. Very pretty Daphne. Feel better soon!

-Danielle

Shirley said...

I enjoyed reading your post this evening.I hope you are feeling better. It is not fun to be sick this time of the year. I have a cold, but other then that I have done pretty well. Take care. Your Missouri Friend.

Jan Hennings said...

Gorgeous photo's and love the altered bottles and all the Christmas trees!

trash talk said...

If this is what you can get done while sick, remind me to stay out of your way when you're well! Talk about working at a fever pitch!!!
L&F are so talented and the wreath is perfect where you added it!
Deb
P.S. I hope you truly are feeling better. It's such a downer to be ill during the holidays.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Gosh everthing is just sooo pretty. What a unique tree too. Hope you are feeling better very soon:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Olivia said...

Oh, I love all of the vintage glittery lacy touches! You are making me want to do some fluffing! Love it all, I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
Olivia

Donnie said...

Sorry you're feeling puny. Get better soon. Love all the pretty pictures.

Mari said...

HI DAPHNE,

I LOVE THE GLITTERED FEATHERS SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL :)

XO~MARI

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better soon Daphne, hard time of year to get sick with all that we creative spirits want to accomplish. Everything looks beautiful and I love you old silver tinsel tree. I also love the soft pink tree, where did you find one in such a soft pink? Every time I see a pink tree they just scream pink so I shy away, I love your pastel one as it could be used for Easter too. Get better sweet girl and Hugs to you Merry Christmas, and try to slow down and not overdue!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! This is a terrible time to get sick. Don't stress too much over the decorating. What you have done looks beautiful. And just think, there won't be nearly as much to put away. Hope you are feeling 100 percent soon!

Myrna said...

Oh! I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well!! Prayers are going up for a speedy recovery, my dear!!
Fabulous idea with the wreath..just added that extra umph to your centerpiece!
Beautiful!
Blessings to you dear friend!
Myrna

Honey at 2805 said...

Everything is lovely! Don't stress, just feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Daphne,

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. I just love everything you posted. The bottles are lovely. And a wonderful idea to add the wreath as a centerpiece. Very creative. Have a great weekend,
xo
Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows

Rebecca said...

Sooooooooooooooooo pretty-I just love girly, victorian items!

Sandy said...

That swirling tree is awesome, never seen one like it. Beautiful!

Anne Lorys said...

Beautiful images, my friend!

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well!

Hugs,
Anne

Blue Creek Home said...

First, I hope that you are feeling much better and have gotten back into the pre Chrismas action!!!
I love your centerpiece. I don't quite understand the swirl tree, but with the little peeps you have shown here, I know I am gonna LOVE it!
Rhonda

Debra@CommonGround said...

Just beautiful, Daphne, love the wreath with all the goodies inside, and the doves and pink balls are just beautiful!!!
Hope you're feeling better soon!
xo,
Debra